Chile Head

adventures in chile from an english food dude

Thursday, April 14, 2005

hey chilerenos

...sorry for radio-silence lately. i have not been unbusy on the chile-front, however. au contraire -- I have discovered a new Filipino diner & mini-supermarket, yes in the heart of Bristol no less!, (well, the edge of the cheapy shopping-area at least.) It seems Filipinos, too, are crazy for their chiles. I will share pics & discoveries on the way - this is a place that will certainly be getting some repeat trade from me. On my initial wander in, I couldn't help but buy some very interesting 'taro leaves in coconut', a vegetable side dish, and this Mama Sita's hot sauce ...

mama sita's chile sauce It's made in the Phillippines from their native Labuyo chiles! >>>

Also -- excitingest of all -- my friend Tom Ryder has been putting those green fingers to work. An small propagator has been acquired and planting of several different chile varieties has commenced. We are yet to see germination of all species but for once I don't mind the suspense! Am visiting Tom this weekend so more details and maybe a piccee or two then.

bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home